The Initiative for Globus in Europe (IGE) is proud to announce that its latest software release is available since October 2nd, 2012! “The release comprises numerous updates and brand new interesting components such as jGlobus 2.0 and the Globus Online client that supplement our software stack”, says Dr. Helmut Heller, project leader of IGE. “We succeeded in implementing the requirements of various communities like dCache, Open Science Grid (OSG), Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE) and the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI).”
IGE v3.0 is based on Globus Toolkit 5.2.2 and it is available from the IGE software repositories. It has been submitted to the next Unified Middleware Distribution (UMD) release maintained by the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI). Highlights of the release are:
- IGE v3.0 is the largest release with 9 components from IGE along with GT5.2 updates.
- jGlobus2.0: IGE was able to eliminate security vulnerabilities that were identified by a full security audit.
- Grid-SAFE: Adapted to generate APEL Summary Job records and Usage Records compatible to the EMI Computing Accounting Record v1.0 format.
- Globus Online Client: The client provides a full featured graphical user interface for Windows in order to use Globus Online (http://www.globusonline.eu) without a web browser.
- AdHoc: Offers an new and improved user interface along with runtime optimisations.
- GridWay: The new GridWay version contains of updates in the BES and CREAM drivers and supports DRMAA2 C bindings. The BES interface for GridWay offers credential delegation for multi-user.
- GT 5.2.2: Upgraded IGE packages to the latest and greatest Globus Toolkit version.
Read more about